Pole dancing is very visual– what you wear, the kind of shoes you have on, the way you fix your hair– they all come together to form one (hopefully) cohesive image when you perform. Pole dancing is also very internal– how you feel at that moment intensely affects your performance.
One of the easiest ways to instantly boost self-confidence inside and out is to wear red lipstick. Why? It is strong, it says you’re in charge, it is the color of fire and food, everything that is sensual and hot.
Here are some of our favorite red lipsticks! Try putting some on next time you come to class and see the difference
1. MAC / Ruby Woo — matte. It’s the favorite of Dita Von Teese, so of course we had to try it! It was love at first kiss. And can you say long lasting? It’s perfect for that old hollywood look.
2. MAC / Russian Red — matte. It’s a deep dark red that’s perfect for strong sexy looks!
3. NARS / Jungle Red — semi-matte. It is a bright bold red. Perfect for long performances because it lasts without drying your lips.
4. NYX Electra — moisturizing. A fun bright red. Not as long-lasting, so maybe not for shows, but great for classes. Easy to put on. Put two layers, and blot in between for extra staying power.
5. Revlon Really Red — matte. Light weight, and creamy and as the name says, it’s really red.